Having a car accident is always an awful experience but with our credit hire service, we can have you back on the road with a replacement car to keep you earning. In the event of an accident, details are incredibly important and having a full picture helps you claim even more.
DETAILS TO EXCHANGE
Once the accident has taken place, try to remain as calm as possible and look to exchange the following details with any other drivers involved in the accident.
- Name– Try to get all the legal names of the parties involved. If you are having problems communicating with the parties, ask to see their driving licence
- Address– Try to ensure that you get the current address of the involved parties, again ask to see the driver’s licence to ensure that this is their current address
- Vehicle details– Always look to provide your insurance provider with as many details as possible about the vehicle/vehicles involved. This should include registration, make, model, colour etc.
- Time and place– Always confirm the time and place of the accident with all involved
Although not essential, you should also gather useful information to make the insurance claim process easier. This information can include:
- Drivers licence number
- Drivers phone number
- Name, address and phone number of the registered owner of the vehicle (if different to the driver).
- Insurance details for other drivers – if possible clarify if they have insurance and if so, seek to obtain insurance company name and policy number.
With the above information, you will be always be prepared for any bumps or scrapes. If the damage needs repairing and you need a vehicle, call our credit hire team and we can look to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Related Tag:- Private Car Rental London